General information about CRAN/E
CRAN/E is a modern PWA (Progressive Web App) that serves as a search
engine and information display for packages hosted on CRAN. CRAN/E
The Comprehensive R Archive Network, Enhanced.
None of our provided services host any of the packages. The only mission of this application is to make R-packages hosted on CRAN easier to find and better to read. CRAN/E services only store metadata associated to the packages for the purpose of searching and displaying information.
Our names are Lukas and Tom and we're two developers from Austria. Our passion for coding (the one in R, the other in TypeScript) led us to the discovery of the original CRAN-site. Seeing the desparate visual state the site was in, we decided to give it a facelift. We're not affiliated with CRAN or RStudio in any way.
CRAN/E is the culmination of our efforts to make the site more modern and user-friendly and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Our main focus was ease of use and accessibility, especially for lightning fast searches.
CRAN/E uses plausible.io for a privacy-friendly, non-invasive way to collect some basic usage data of this PWA. This analytics service is hosted in the EU and doesn't collect any personal identifiable data. This is also the reason why you don't see a cookie-banner - we simply don't need consent for data we never collect in the first place.
You can opt-out of those basic analytics by clicking the button below. Please note that we only collect anonymous core web vitals data and no personal identifiable data. This means that we can't identify you in any way. Your opt-out will be stored in your browser's local storage.
The source code for the CRAN/E frontend is available on Github as OSS (open source software). We believe in the power of open source and are happy to share our work with the community. For more details including the license, please visit the repository.
If you want to contribute to the project, feel free to open a pull request or an issue on Github. We're always happy to hear from you!
If you want to support us, you can do so by donating to our BuyMeACoffee.
The R binary is a self-contained executable file that can be run on any computer with a supported operating system. It is the easiest way to get started with R.
The R binary is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux. It is also available for Raspberry Pi.
The following list contains all package dependencies of external code used by CRAN/E. Click each link to visit the respective source code page.
- @lokidb/indexed-storage by Various authors
- @lokidb/loki by Various authors
- @rgossiaux/svelte-headlessui by n/a
- comlink by Surma email@example.com
- date-fns by n/a
- fuse.js by Kiro Risk firstname.lastname@example.org http://kiro.me
- idb by Jake Archibald
- idb-keyval by Jake Archibald
- svelte-kit-bot-block by Simon Green email@example.com https://www.captaincodeman.com/
- @faker-js/faker by n/a
- @iconify/svelte by Vjacheslav Trushkin
- @playwright/test by Microsoft Corporation
- @sveltejs/adapter-vercel by n/a
- @sveltejs/kit by n/a
- @tailwindcss/forms by n/a
- @tailwindcss/typography by n/a
- @types/node by n/a
- @types/yargs by n/a
- @typescript-eslint/eslint-plugin by n/a
- @typescript-eslint/parser by n/a
- autoprefixer by Andrey Sitnik <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- clsx by Luke Edwards email@example.com https://lukeed.com
- dotenv by n/a
- eslint by Nicholas C. Zakas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- eslint-config-prettier by Simon Lydell
- eslint-plugin-svelte3 by Conduitry
- license-report by Yaniv Kessler
- postcss by Andrey Sitnik <email@example.com>
- prettier by James Long
- prettier-plugin-svelte by James Birtles <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- svelte by Rich Harris
- svelte-check by The Svelte Community
- svelte-confetti by mitcheljager email@example.com
- svelte-markdown by Pablo Berganza <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- svelte-meta-tags by n/a
- svelte-preprocess by Christian Kaisermann <email@example.com>
- tailwindcss by n/a
- tailwindcss-safe-area by mvllow firstname.lastname@example.org
- ts-node by Blake Embrey email@example.com http://blakeembrey.me
- tslib by Microsoft Corp.
- typescript by Microsoft Corp.
- vite by Evan You
- yargs by n/a